Linux and related stuff for the Q40/Q60 m68k computers
This is a live-CD with a pretty useable basic system including
network and NFS access and the installer for the full distribution.
The individual packages are no longer downloadable separately.
Some addons for ShoeString.
Thierry Godefroy maintains this page with many more updated packages:
Tarbals of experimental releases, see README
for release notes.
RPMs for Q40 and Q60 / Motorola 68k Linux
- wvdial wvdial-1.41-15.m68k.rpm (119 KB)
WvDial automatically locates and configures modems and can log into
almost any ISP's server without special configuration. You need to
input the username, password, and phone number, and then WvDial will
negotiate the PPP connection using any mechanism needed.
Install wvdial if you need a utility to configure your modem and set
up a PPP connection.
Install with rpm -i -nodeps
Setup with wvdialconf /etc/wvdial.conf
Edit /etc/wvdial.conf, add line with "New PPPD"
Hint: You also need to define the nameserver(s) in /etc/resolv.conf, ie add a line "nameserver <IP-address>" for each nameserver (numbers separated by dots)
- dillo dillo-0.7.2-2.m68k.rpm (208 KB)
Dillo WWW browser. Fast and small.
- dos2unix dos2unix-3.1-7.m68k.rpm (9 KB)
Dos2unix converts DOS or MAC text files to UNIX format.
- hacking-rpm hacking-rpm.tar.zip (12 KB)
Richard explains how to create RPM packages for Q60, very
worth reading, you'll learn a lot out of it!
- cdrecord cdrecord-1.10-2mdk.m68k.rpm (423 KB)
Cdrecord allows you to create CDs on a CD-Recorder (SCSI/ATAPI). Supports data, audio, mixed, multi-session and CD+ discs etc.
- cdrecord-devel cdrecord-devel-1.10-2mdk.m68k.rpm (101 KB)
The cdrecord distribution contains a SCSI user level transport library. The SCSI library is suitable to talk to any SCSI device without having a special driver for it.
Cdrecord may be easily ported to any system that has a SCSI device driver similar to the scg driver.
- cdda2wav cdrecord-cdda2wav-1.10-2mdk.m68k.rpm (181 KB)
cdda2wav reads audio CDs, outputting a wav file.
- mkisofs mkisofs-1.14-1mdk.m68k.rpm (276 KB)
This is the mkisofs package. It is used to create ISO 9660 file system images for creating CD-ROMs.
Now includes support for making bootable "El Torito" CD-ROMs.
- glibc glibc-2.1.3-15.m68k.rpm (8647 KB)
The GNU libc libraries.
- kernel 2.4.17 Q60LC kernel-Q60LC-2.4.17-2.m68k.rpm (1801 KB)
The 2.4.17 Linux kernel and modules for Q60 with 68060LC (FPU emulation)
- kernel 2.4.17 Q60LC vmlinux-2.4.17-060LC.zip (857 KB)
Solely the 2.4.17 Linux kernel for Q60 with 68060LC (FPU emulation) in ZIP archive.
- kernel 2.4.18 Q60RC vmlinux-2.4.18-060RC.zip (856 KB)
The 2.4.18 Linux kernel for Q60 with 68060RC in ZIP archive.
- modules 2.4.18 Q60RC modules-2.4.18-060RC.zip (684 KB)
Modules for 2.4.18 Linux kernel for Q60 with 68060RC in ZIP archive.
Programs and utilities that have been developped for resource restricted
enviroments and may be quite useful beyond the Q40.
- Wikipedia/Mediawiki client
mwiki - CLI client for wikipedia written in ruby.
Low resource consumption, useful for editing and uploading articles to
- Dillo - bleeding edge Patches und Source RPM
Maintaining my own fork of dillo-0.8.5 while awaiting the
transition to FLTK. Includes the well known internationalisation,
tabbed browsing and antialiasing patches.
Adds many small usability patches, fixes and hacks.